Dave and I left the Saturday before Thanksgiving to head up North to celebrate with our families. We spent a few days in Merced with Dave's folks and got to celebrate his brother's engagement to our soon-to-be-sister-in-law at her parents house up on a mountain in Mariposa. We also spent a few days with my family in Modesto and doing our annual traditions (or "coincidences" as Bryan calls them.) We had so much fun getting to visit with everyone and have so many reasons to be thankful this year.
Here we are in Mariposa celebrating our first thanksgiving of the day with the Nordmans. Here is Dave, Charlie and Christina's brother Brandon doing what boys do best: watching football!
Now at the crazy Harden house with Sarah and Dad putting the finishing touches on their famous sweet potato casserole. It's so yummy!
Sarah and I toasting with her amazing pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
She's so good!
My parents brought home their new puppy Molly right before we came home. Hannity was not thrilled with the new arrival but eventually they became friends and spent many hours chasing each other through the house. This is the best picture I could get of both of them together. They move too much!
On Friday we went to our Columbia (a small, old mining town in the foothills) to celebrate our day after thanksgiving tradition. Apparently no one checked the weather report and it rained on us. Here we are making the best of it! Jessica, Sarah, Mom and I using our scarves to keep out of the rain.
Then Dad decided to make fun of our ingenious head scarves. I told them this should be their christmas card picture this year. :)
And Dave and I in front of the blacksmith shop.
It was a whirlwind week of family, food and friends. We are so thankful to have such amazing families to spend the holidays with. We love going home and we love eating two thanksgiving meals!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment