That's right! The Lockridges are expecting a little Lockridge in the end of July.
We found out the good news the during our Thanksgiving trip up North. After traveling from Dave's parents house to my parents house, I ran upstairs to take a pregnancy test and sure enough it said "PREGNANT" instantly. I calmly called to Dave and asked him to come upstairs, which he protested a bit for my lack of reasons, then he entered the bathroom and in complete shock asked, "Whose is that?!" In hindsight, I could've come up with a better way to tell my husband that our lives are about to change in a big (but GREAT) way but then I wouldn't have his priceless reaction! We managed to keep the good news a secret until we told both of our families over our Christmas vacation.

We pulled a few strings and got into the doctor before Christmas so we could see our little baby before going home. Here is baby Lockridge's first picture at about 7 weeks.
We slyly wrangled a dinner with both sets of parents the Sunday before Christmas. This is the restaurant they met at right after Dave and I got engaged (in 2006) to celebrate. We thought it was appropriate to go to the same place to announce our news.
8 comments:
Congrats Megan! That is so exciting!
YAY!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! SO excited for you guys!!!!! :)
Congratulations from an astronomically distant relative.
We are expecting a new grandchild next month, but that one is a Casey, not a Lockridge. No disqualification from Grandpa's lap, but our branch does little to continue the name.
Again, congratulations! Have fun with it all.
Mike
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I love this news! This is when it's the hardest to be away. Hope you're feeling well. Can't wait to see if it'll be pink or blue for you! Love you!
Hurray!!!! We are thrilled for you guys!
yea!!! Congratulations guys. So excited.
So fun reading the story! YEAH Little Lockridge!! What a fun mom and dad this little one is going to have:)))) Keep us posted on your pregnancy!!!
Congrats we're so excited for you guys.
Post a Comment