Monday, July 12, 2010

The Baby's Room and Waiting Game

We've been busy busy busy getting ready for our little guy to come into the world! I think we finally feel ready for him to come home now- although Dave's current joke is we're as ready as a person who buys an earthquake kit is ready for an actual earthquake- but I guess we won't really know if we're prepared enough until he's actually home with us! We're ready for the challenge... how about that?

Here are a few pictures of the nursery for all of our non Southbay friends. We were able to move things around so there is still the guest bed in the room which we hope will come in handy when people come to visit us when the time comes. (He'll sleep in a pack 'n play in our room-- in theory!)

The walls are the same color as downstairs and we went with a beachy theme.

Here's the chair that's my perfect size! We have a hard time finding furniture that fits both Dave (6'4") and me (5'3") so we decided that I would be spending the most time here so I got to pick it out. That means my feet actually touch the ground when I sit! :)

This isn't the best picture, but I wanted to show off our creativity. We found a picture of a seashell garland in the pottery barn catalog and thought "I can make that!" So I did! It ended up being a lot easier and cheaper than I thought it would be. So we made the garland and we painted some old frames we had. They're up and ready and now just waiting for some pictures of a little boy to go in them.

And our find from the Fiesta Hermosa a couple of weeks ago.

We have had fun planning out this space for our little guy and can't wait for him to come home and use it. There is a closet full of clothes, a dresser with tons of blankets and onesies (what else exactly are we supposed to put in the dresser vs the closet???), and even some toys for when he gets a little bigger. I hit 37 weeks last Saturday, which apparently means I'm officially full term, so now we're just waiting waiting waiting for him to decide to come. It could still be a couple of weeks but it could also happen any day now! I'm feeling a little anxious as we play this waiting game and every day Dave wakes up and asks me, "Is today the day?" to which my answer is always, "I don't know!" I wish we knew!!! I just hope we have enough warning to be able to tell our families to hurry up and get on the road so that Dave has someone to run out in the waiting room to tell our great news! Fingers crossed!

Till then, we'll keep waiting and praying for a healthy, happy baby boy to come soon!!!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about this wonderful journey you guys are on! I love you both and can't wait for baby Lockridge to come into this world! I am so happy for you both!! That is one blessed baby already! You guys are going to be wonderful parents!

boo and stacy said...

SO precious and fun! Love the crafty shell garland!!!! Don't you love getting crafty for your baby? Makes it more special:) He will love his room....so peaceful!!

Nicole Svendsen said...

So great Megan. I think we have that same crib...USA baby on Hawthorne? Can't wait to hear some news on his arrival.

Anonymous said...

Is the baby here today? Gosh I know how Dave feels! hahahaha

Becky said...

The nursery looks great! Love the shells. Good luck with the waiting....

for this child I prayed, and the LORD answered my prayer 1 Samuel 1:27