Friday, December 17, 2010

Holiday Traditions in the South Bay

 This past weekend we celebrated the Christmas season with good friends. We attended the 1st ANNUAL Christmas party at the Smarts on Saturday night (it's a tradition now, right?!) and got to see Santa drive down their street too. We had yummy goodies, played with the kids and enjoyed the 80 degree December weather.
The creative group shot. 


Dave and Levi sneaking snacks over the kitchen counter.
Moms & Babies
And yes, it's in height order, thanks for pointing that out Becky! Next time I'm wearing my heels!
The Lockridge family with Santa (Take 2)
We're still trying to get that group shot of the three kids...
Festive Levi with his hands in his mouth. (What's new?)
We also went down the Manhattan Beach pier to watch their annual Christmas fireworks show. For the first time in our 5 years of trekking through the madness down to the sand, the weather was actually pleasant and we didn't even need to bundle up. I LOVE December in the Southbay! We had lots of fun celebrating here with friends before we prepare to head up North for holidays with the families. Our first Christmas as a family of 3 is getting closer! Yay!

1 comment:

Phil and Dana said...

I said it to Becky, and I'll say it again - that photo of all of you on the Smart's porch belongs in a magazine! Levi is looking so handsome - I wish we could meet him in person. We'll get out there again someday...

for this child I prayed, and the LORD answered my prayer 1 Samuel 1:27