Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Big 3-0!

Last Saturday Dave turned 30! He hit this big milestone without much of a protest claiming that he was feeling pretty good about his life and where he is in it. Well said Dave! He has accomplished so much in his 30 years and has had a ton of fun doing it. We got to celebrate him a little bit on his actual birthday and we're going to celebrate some more this weekend with a little over night trip to San Diego. Last Saturday he woke up to a happy baby (who slept through the night!), banana pancakes and homemade lattes, a quick shopping trip to Santa Monica and dinner at the Union Cattle Company with a great group of friends. We had Levi in tow so we wanted to find a restaurant that could house a big group inside (it was supposed to rain) and be loud enough that the kids wouldn't make a scene. Success! We had great food, lots of laughs and we made it through our first restaurant meal with 5 kids! It was an adventure!

The birthday boy and his little man looking good!
 With a group of 22 of some of our closest friends, Levi to feed and corral, and the excitement of the evening, I only took three pictures. They're not even that good. Oh well. You'll just have to put up with my feeble attempts to document the dinner and just realize that the fewer the pictures = the greater the fun!
Ben, (Amy who is hidden in this picture), Brandon, Tim, Jonathan & Lacey
All listening to Dave tell a very funny story!

Matt and Wes
I'm sure this was something witty that I said. Haha, ok it was probably Dave again!

Proof that we had the kids! (Minus the Souders who had just left)
Alison & McKenna, Krista & Abigail, Me & Levi, Becky & Kylie.

It was a great night and we really appreciate all of our friends who came out to help us celebrate Dave's birthday. These are the people that make the South Bay our home and we love living life with them. I think I can speak for Dave in saying that he is very blessed in this life that he leads, and we are very blessed for getting to live it with him! I love him very much and so does Levi! Happy 30th Birthday Dave!!!

Next up, our first night away from Levi and another celebration in San Diego! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BLOG MORE!

for this child I prayed, and the LORD answered my prayer 1 Samuel 1:27