Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Birthaversary Trip

Dave and I celebrated my 29th birthday (eek!) and our 6th wedding anniversary by traveling to Napa for two whole nights. It was amazing! Big thanks to my mom and Alison for taking care of the boys while we were gone. We stayed in a super nice hotel, ate full meals at nice restaurants without having to go outside to entertain Levi, we slept in as late as we wanted and enjoyed our quiet time together. It was rejuvenating!

We didn't sit around for long though. We drove up and down the Napa Valley and saw some incredible locations, tried some great wines and thoroughly enjoyed doing exactly what we wanted to do, when we wanted to.
I love spending time with my awesome hubby!
At our favorite winery: Grgich Hills Estates.



Our favorite market where we picked up sandwiches for lunch. We were surprised by all the history in Napa. Parts of this market were from the 1880's-- it was super cool.

This is the winery owned by the Coppola family. It was also super old and beautiful.

We took a sky tram to the top of the hill at Sterling and got some incredible views and this nice picture.

And to stay with the theme from the week, Dave found this awesome vintage-y wine barrel sign with our name and the year we were married. It's already hanging in our dining room. I love it! I felt very loved and appreciated for my birthday this year. My husband ROCKS! :)


No comments:

for this child I prayed, and the LORD answered my prayer 1 Samuel 1:27