Monday, September 10, 2012

While Daddy's Away the Kids Will Play...

We got home from the mountains and Dave had to take off for a work trip for the rest of the week. It was his first long trip in a very long time but we all managed to make the most of it. The kiddos and I had fun going to some parks, playing outside, visiting Grammy and running lots of errands while Daddy was busy and working hard. 

This big guy is ready for his first steps. Any day now...
And he's is officially pacifier free since last Wednesday! Way to go Caleb!

We got both boys some very needed haircuts. They sat very still and look very handsome although even the hairdresser didn't have any suggestions for what to do with Caleb's many cowlicks. It is what it is, I guess! :)

Mommy tried to make an Old Navy run with two boys by herself. It was semi-successful. I got some fun new fall clothes but lost my necklace to the tug-o-war brothers and had to try on clothes while trying to convince the big one to keep the door closed. That's just life with kids, right? I did get this great picture of Levi holding the mannequins hands. He just grabbed on and then started walking in place as if he was walking with them. He also tried to tell me they were giants but I had to convince him that just because his Mommy is short that doesn't make other people giants. Funny kid.

Then after lots of fun Levi and I managed to pick up a virus. We were out for the count on Friday and had to cancel plans with our favorite Auntie and Uncle from Merced. (Mommy was especially bummed about that.) Thankfully it only lasted for a day, Grammy came to help out in the afternoon and Daddy made it home to help get the kiddos in bed. That sickness is the absolute worst. Yuck.

The weekend wasn't a total bust, thankfully. We got our new swim floaties in the mail and had to try them out. Levi is our little fish and he was able to swim all around the pool on his own. Caleb, not so much. Maybe next year!

But Big C is a GREAT floater! And he loves spending time with Daddy.

1 comment:

Krista and David Hart said...

So sorry you got sick Megan! No fun to be sick as a mommy when you still have to care for little ones! Glad you got some help!

for this child I prayed, and the LORD answered my prayer 1 Samuel 1:27