So the original plan of events was:
1. Baby Shower #1
2. Baby Shower #2
3. Baby #1
4. Baby Shower #3
5. Baby #2
6. Baby #3
This chain of events was supposed to be spread out between September, October, November and December. I had mapped out my fall and was excited to be there for my friends. Items 1. & 2. happened according to schedule. Lots of fun, games, food and baby talk. Then on October 24th I drove up to Modesto to be there when Crista had her baby (baby #1). She was due Monday October 26th and I was so excited to meet her little man. Well, Monday came and went with no baby. Tuesday came and went with no baby. Wednesday came and went with no baby. She was feeling very ready for him to be in this world so we googled "natural ways to induce labor" and she was such a good sport in trying some of those home remedies! We walked laps around the mall, she ate spicy food, she drank raspberry tea, she ate pineapple... she tried almost everything and still no baby.
Meanwhile, I get a text from Becky (baby #3) saying that she went into labor early. I'm in Modesto thinking "this is not the order it's supposed to be happening!!!" Becky's little Kylie ended up jumping the line and came first on October 28th. She's spending her first few weeks of life in the NICU but is thriving and has even earned herself a nickname from the nurses there: "Sassy"! I came back to RB in time to visit Matt & Becky in the hospital and help them move into their beautiful house in Torrance. About 16 people from our church came out early Saturday the 31st to pack up their apartment in El Segundo and move them into the new house in Torrance. It was such a great and tangible way to help them in the chaotic week they had had.
I hopped back into the car and drove back up to Modesto to see Crista again. (Still no baby!) After a couple of crazy days, little Jackson finally came into the world on Thursday November 5th! He is beautiful and perfect and I got to spend some time with him in the hospital on his first and second days of life. I'm such a proud "auntie"!
I drove back to RB just in time for Becky's baby shower on Saturday. All this driving made me a little tired, but it was really neat to be at a shower for someone whose baby was already here! Even though I haven't gotten to meet Kylie in person yet, we've seen lots of great pictures of her and we were able to picture her in every little present Becky was given. How fun is that?
Then Jasmine had her little Cadence (baby #2) on November 13th. We were also able to visit her in the hospital on Sunday after church. She is beautiful with a ton of dark hair (I told Jasmine she needed some bows!!!) and looks just like her mommy. :)
So the actual chain of events?
1.
2.
6.
3.
4.
5.
I think this is just a great reminder of how even when we think we have something planned out, we actually have little control. As a planner, this thought sometimes terrifies me but I try to remember that God never gives us more than we can handle and He gives us the tools to work through situations with the help of friends and family. It has been so amazing to watch all these new little families grow and learn and I feel so special to have been included in any small way in the births of these three amazing little people. I can't wait to see what God has in store in their futures!
1 comment:
way to go Kylie on being first! You surprised us all.
Post a Comment